IL Sen. Kwame Raoul to decide on run for governor
August 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There could soon be another name tossed into the race for the Democratic nomination for governor.
State Senator Kwame Raoul plans to decide soon if he will seek the nomination. The Chicago democrat represents the 13th District.
He told ABC7 News that he expected to make his decision within 10 days.
Raoul also took issue with suggestions that he would be a spoiler in the race by taking the African American vote away from Governor Quinn.
"Whether I run or not, whoever is running for governor should compete for all communities and compete for all communities by talking to the people about issues that are important to that community. So the notion that somebody has characterized me as a spoiler, given my record of achievement, not only advancing policy that impacts the black community but all communities, is insulting at best," Sen Raoul said.
Currently Bill Daley is challenging Governor Quinn for the Democratic nomination for governor.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 2 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 32 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 14 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 56 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 38 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
2 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
14 min ago