Judy Baar Topinka running for Comptroller re-election
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says she's hitting the road to announce her candidacy for re-election.
Topinka put out a schedule Thursday detailing stops across Illinois. Her trip starts Sunday in Chicago and ends Tuesday in Marion in southern Illinois. In between she'll make stops in Rockford, Moline, Peoria, Quincy, Springfield, Edwardsville and Mount Vernon.
Topinka says in the announcement that she's running for re-election "to fight against the ill-advised spending and reckless borrowing that has decimated state finances."
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos