Judy Baar Topinka running for Comptroller re-election
September 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says she's hitting the road to announce her candidacy for re-election.
Topinka put out a schedule Thursday detailing stops across Illinois. Her trip starts Sunday in Chicago and ends Tuesday in Marion in southern Illinois. In between she'll make stops in Rockford, Moline, Peoria, Quincy, Springfield, Edwardsville and Mount Vernon.
Topinka says in the announcement that she's running for re-election "to fight against the ill-advised spending and reckless borrowing that has decimated state finances."
- Chicago Weather: Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 15 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square 16 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover 6 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
16 min ago
- Ugly Christmas sweater store pops up in...
14 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for...
6 min ago