' Obamacare' delay, defunding bill sponsored by Hultgren
September 18, 2013 (WLS) -- U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren has joined 73 of his colleagues in supporting the Stability, Security, and Fairness Resolution of 2013, H.J.Res 62, a continuing resolution which would keep the government running for the next year but delay and defund the Affordable Care Act until 2015.
"Families and individuals are at risk from a state exchange rollout just around the corner fraught with opportunities for fraud and identify theft, and we need to do everything we can to stop Obamacare's federalization of health insurance in its tracks," Hultgren said in a statement.
Hultgren says if the healthcare plan goes forward, the government will shut down. "The Senate is going for broke betting Obamacare will keep President Obama's promise that health care costs won't rise, you can keep your doctor, and you can keep your current insurance plan, but we've seen the opposite," Hultgren's statement said.
Hultgren called the plan destructive and claims Illinois is keeping constituents "in the dark" about the options available October 1.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 8 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 11 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 12 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos