Luis Gutierrez reacts to Capitol Hill crisis
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Luis Gutierrez was in Chicago Saturday and reacted to the crisis on Capitol Hill.
"We should not use the budget as a tool of extortion," he said. "Obamacare and healthcare for everyone is something we already voted on, we approved it in the Congress, the people confirmed it on November 6th of last year."
Meanwhile, Gutierrez attended a reception and book reading earlier at the Institute of Puerto Rican Arts and Culture.
Gutierrez talked about his memoirs "Still Dreaming: My Journey from the Barrio to Capitol Hill."
The book recounts his political awakening and ongoing efforts as a national leader in the fight for immigrants' rights.
Affordable Care Act, politics
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 11 min ago
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson 26 min ago
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting 14 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
51 min ago