Bruce Rauner wins Lake County GOP straw poll
November 9, 2013 (WLS) -- The Lake County Republican Central Committee held its first gubernatorial straw poll Saturday.
The committee gathered with the candidates and voters Saturday morning in Gurnee.
Bruce Rauner won the straw vote with 250 votes and Senator Kirk Dillard was a distant second with 59 votes.
Friday, Democratic Governor Pat Quinn announced that Paul Vallas would be his lieutenant governor running mate. They will make their first appearance together next week.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody... 54 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand