Bruce Rauner wins Lake County GOP straw poll
November 9, 2013 (WLS) -- The Lake County Republican Central Committee held its first gubernatorial straw poll Saturday.
The committee gathered with the candidates and voters Saturday morning in Gurnee.
Bruce Rauner won the straw vote with 250 votes and Senator Kirk Dillard was a distant second with 59 votes.
Friday, Democratic Governor Pat Quinn announced that Paul Vallas would be his lieutenant governor running mate. They will make their first appearance together next week.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 22 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 32 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 58 min ago
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 11 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
22 min ago