Quinn to sign gay marriage bill at UIC Forum
November 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Wednesday, Governor Pat Quinn will sign the bill allowing gay marriage in Illinois.
And on Tuesday night, in an ABC7 Eyewitness News exclusive, he says the social changes leading to the event are part of a successful journey.
The law will make Illinois the 16th state to legalize same sex marriage.
The signing takes place Wednesday afternoon at the UIC Forum.
"I think this is great progress for our state and for our society and I think it will be looked upon that way in history," said Gov. Pat Quinn.
The bill will be signed on a desk brought from Springfield and once used by Abraham Lincoln.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 2 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 46 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 57 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
21 min ago
- NLEI's Construct Program
27 min ago