Chicago GOP reveals 2014 candidates
December 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Republican Party revealed a slate of candidates it says can win in 2014.
The eighteen men and women were introduced at a news conference on Wednesday. They were chosen from 150 applicants in what the party calls an American Idol-style vetting process.
"Our candidates are from the neighborhoods. They live there, they're raising families there, and they know what the neighborhoods need. A vote for these Republican candidates is a vote for the neighborhoods and a vote against Mike Madigan and John Cullerton," said Chris Cleveland, vice chairman, Chicago Repulican Party.
Most of the candidates are running for their first political offices.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 17 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 18 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 57 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 57 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 33 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos