Democratic candidate Tio Hardiman to challenge Governor Pat Quinn
Febuary 1, 2014 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Democratic candidate Tio Hardiman issues a challenge to Governor Pat Quinn, calling for a series of debates ahead of the March primary.
Hardiman, the former head of the anti-violence group, Ceasefire, says his staff has reached out to the Quinn campaign.
Hardiman suggested the debates be held in East St. Louis, Springfield, Decatur and in Cook County, saying the people of Illinois 'deserve it.'
''I want to challenge Quinn on all his failed policies, then I want to present my solutions to lead the state out of this dilemma that the state is in now, '' Hardiman said.
ABC 7 Chicago was unable to reach anyone from Governor Quinn's campaign for a response.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 11 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 8 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand