Someone You Should Know
Magician amazes crowds in Chicago
April 21, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Ryan Shadow is working to become a master of illusion.
He can make a cigarette appear to float in mid-air. That and other tricks have been amazing crowds around Chicago.
Shadow is not your typical smoker. When he lights up, a tidal wave of astonishment washes through those who see him. He works the crowds in the Wrigleyville neighborhood where he was raised, his magic defies explanation...even close up.
"When I little I was out and about and I seen this guy he was doing all sorts of incredible amazing things...I was real little I was like...I got to figure out to do that," said Shadow.
Shadow creates his own illusions, which, like the floating cigarette, draw crowds.
"Oh my lord it's unreal... it's unbelievable. Where did you come up with this guy? It's unbelievable," said Mark McAllister, spectator.
"To be honest with you, I thought it was amazing. I really did& and I'm shocked," said Gina Manolis, spectator.
"It's a lot of fun. I work pretty much for myself. I'm doing my own thing, making good income. People support me, people love it. They want to see more of it," said Shadow.
someone you should know
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos