Someone You Should Know
Magician amazes crowds in Chicago
April 21, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Ryan Shadow is working to become a master of illusion.
He can make a cigarette appear to float in mid-air. That and other tricks have been amazing crowds around Chicago.
Shadow is not your typical smoker. When he lights up, a tidal wave of astonishment washes through those who see him. He works the crowds in the Wrigleyville neighborhood where he was raised, his magic defies explanation...even close up.
"When I little I was out and about and I seen this guy he was doing all sorts of incredible amazing things...I was real little I was like...I got to figure out to do that," said Shadow.
Shadow creates his own illusions, which, like the floating cigarette, draw crowds.
"Oh my lord it's unreal... it's unbelievable. Where did you come up with this guy? It's unbelievable," said Mark McAllister, spectator.
"To be honest with you, I thought it was amazing. I really did& and I'm shocked," said Gina Manolis, spectator.
"It's a lot of fun. I work pretty much for myself. I'm doing my own thing, making good income. People support me, people love it. They want to see more of it," said Shadow.
someone you should know
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party