Someone You Should Know
Doctor teaches dance at Homewood studio
June 23, 2009 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A south suburban doctor has a career away from her career-- and she's passionate about both!
When Doctor Carla Watson isn't caring for her patients, you're likely to find her giving dance lessons at her dance studio. She teaches at the Le Cor Dance Academy in south suburban Homewood.
"It really is to me a great way to express your inner thoughts through energy but also as an adult trying to stay healthy always being physically fit. It just really as this point provides with a lot of stress relief and just feeds the hunger I've had since I was three years old," said Dr. Watson.
Dr. Watson spends a good deal of time at her dance studio, as well as at Advocate South Suburban Hospital, where she maintains a medical practice as a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
"Despite of the tragedy and chronic illnesses that I see happen to people that your able a brighter picture, let them know there are ways of doing things-- maybe it's now the same way of doing it, but there are ways of walking and getting your clothes on everyday, and getting to work," said Watson.
"It truly is surreal, it really is a dream come true. And each day, I really have to pinch myself just to realize that I really am balancing being a mother, dancing, practicing medicine, and that it's possible. So every day is truly a blessing," said Dr. Carla Watson.
someone you should know, harry porterfield
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 59 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper 50 min ago
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
59 min ago