Someone You Should Know
Doctor teaches dance at Homewood studio
June 23, 2009 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A south suburban doctor has a career away from her career-- and she's passionate about both!
When Doctor Carla Watson isn't caring for her patients, you're likely to find her giving dance lessons at her dance studio. She teaches at the Le Cor Dance Academy in south suburban Homewood.
"It really is to me a great way to express your inner thoughts through energy but also as an adult trying to stay healthy always being physically fit. It just really as this point provides with a lot of stress relief and just feeds the hunger I've had since I was three years old," said Dr. Watson.
Dr. Watson spends a good deal of time at her dance studio, as well as at Advocate South Suburban Hospital, where she maintains a medical practice as a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
"Despite of the tragedy and chronic illnesses that I see happen to people that your able a brighter picture, let them know there are ways of doing things-- maybe it's now the same way of doing it, but there are ways of walking and getting your clothes on everyday, and getting to work," said Watson.
"It truly is surreal, it really is a dream come true. And each day, I really have to pinch myself just to realize that I really am balancing being a mother, dancing, practicing medicine, and that it's possible. So every day is truly a blessing," said Dr. Carla Watson.
someone you should know, harry porterfield
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 9 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine 1 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela 21 min ago
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
9 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe...
1 min ago