Oddsmakers favor Chicago in 2016 race
February 18, 2009 (WLS) -- Online betting sites are giving Chicago the edge in the high-stakes race to win the right to the host the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Several overseas-based betting sites list Chicago as the odds-on favorite, predicting President Barack Obama will give his hometown an edge. The sites also note that in 2016 it will have been 20 years since an American city played host to the Games.
One site lists Chicago's odds of landing the Olympics at 8-to-11, better than even. The second favorite with bookies is Tokyo (3:1), followed by Rio (7:2) and Madrid (8:1).
sports, ben bradley
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash 55 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 16 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 1 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 10 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos