Ex-Blackhawks star Chelios arrested for DUI
January 5, 2010 (WESTMONT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Former Chicago Blackhawks player Chris Chelios was arrested last week in suburban Westmont and charged with driving under the influence and speeding.
Forty-seven-year-old Chelios, of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., was pulled over Monday, December 28, 2009, while traveling eastbound on Ogden Avenue near Blackhawk Drive in Westmont. The defenseman's pick-up truck was towed from the scene of his arrest.
Chelios was released on bond and is due back in court February 1.
Chelios played for the Blackhawks from 1990 until 1999. He now plays for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.
chicago blackhawks, sports
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...