Chris Chelios DUI charge may be dropped
February 10, 2010 (WESTMONT, Ill.) (WLS) -- A DUI charge may be dropped against former Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Chris Chelios.
After watching dash cam video from Westmont Police, the judge hearing the case found there was insufficient evidence of impaired driving to merit the stop.
Police accused Chelios of improper lane usage and speeding.
Officers also say his eyes were bloodshot and there was the odor of alcohol on Chelios's breath.
Chelios's attorney says he will move to have the misdemeanor charge dismissed.
chicago blackhawks, sports
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave 57 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago 39 min ago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 20 min ago
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- 7 on your Sideline: A woman breaks through...
35 min ago
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos