Chris Chelios DUI charge may be dropped
February 10, 2010 (WESTMONT, Ill.) (WLS) -- A DUI charge may be dropped against former Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Chris Chelios.
After watching dash cam video from Westmont Police, the judge hearing the case found there was insufficient evidence of impaired driving to merit the stop.
Police accused Chelios of improper lane usage and speeding.
Officers also say his eyes were bloodshot and there was the odor of alcohol on Chelios's breath.
Chelios's attorney says he will move to have the misdemeanor charge dismissed.
chicago blackhawks, sports
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos