York H.S. honors legendary cross-country coach
November 8, 2010 (ELMHURST, Ill.) (WLS) -- A legendary high school coach has helped lead a suburban cross country team to its 27th state title.
The win ends a four-year drought between championships for the York High School squad.
ABC 7's Phil Schwarz takes us to a pep rally to celebrate the team's win and their 81-year old coach, Joe Newton.
sports, phil schwarz
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man 3 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos