Harry Caray statue damaged by vehicle
November 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Harry Caray statue outside the Wrigley Field bleachers has been damaged.
Officials say the base of the statue cracked when it was struck by a vehicle that was being used to prepare field of the ballpark for next week's Northwestern football game.
New granite has been ordered to repair the crack.
The statue was moved to the bleacher entrance from the front of the stadium three months ago.
chicago cubs, wrigley field, sports
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 29 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 34 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 49 min ago
- 7 in :77