Harry Caray statue damaged by vehicle
November 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Harry Caray statue outside the Wrigley Field bleachers has been damaged.
Officials say the base of the statue cracked when it was struck by a vehicle that was being used to prepare field of the ballpark for next week's Northwestern football game.
New granite has been ordered to repair the crack.
The statue was moved to the bleacher entrance from the front of the stadium three months ago.
chicago cubs, wrigley field, sports
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 3 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 4 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
3 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
4 min ago