Is the turf ready for the first Bears preseason game?
August 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Due to Chicago area storms, a tarp covered Soldier Field Saturday afternoon before the first Chicago Bears preseason game of the year.
Due to Chicago area storms, a tarp covered Soldier Field Saturday afternoon before the first Chicago Bears preseason game of the year.A special practice in front of fans had to be canceled last week because of problems with the turf. Regardless of the weather, however, it appears the turf is ready for the Bears game against the Buffalo Bills.
The game kicks off at 7 p.m. Saturday at Soldier Field.
The tarp, which has kept the field dry, had to be removed at least 90 minutes before kickoff. At this point, the grass at Soldier Field is reportedly in pretty good condition.
sports, jim rose
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 27 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13 18 min ago
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples\ 4 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos