Is the turf ready for the first Bears preseason game?
August 13, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Due to Chicago area storms, a tarp covered Soldier Field Saturday afternoon before the first Chicago Bears preseason game of the year.
Due to Chicago area storms, a tarp covered Soldier Field Saturday afternoon before the first Chicago Bears preseason game of the year.A special practice in front of fans had to be canceled last week because of problems with the turf. Regardless of the weather, however, it appears the turf is ready for the Bears game against the Buffalo Bills.
The game kicks off at 7 p.m. Saturday at Soldier Field.
The tarp, which has kept the field dry, had to be removed at least 90 minutes before kickoff. At this point, the grass at Soldier Field is reportedly in pretty good condition.
sports, jim rose
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 10 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 11 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 29 min ago
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling 7 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant