Report: Derrick Rose passenger in DUI arrest
October 21, 2011 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose was reportedly the passenger in a DUI arrest early Friday.
According to TMZ.com, the 2011 NBA MVP was being driven by his close friend and personal assistant Randall Hampton when police stopped the car on a routine traffic violation at about 2 a.m. Friday.
Police say they detected the odor of alcohol in the car, the report said. Hampton was given a field sobriety test and was eventually arrested on suspicion of DUI. Rose was free to go.
TMZ reports that Rose was seen leaving the Los Angeles Police Department at about 3 a.m. Friday, where he went to go check on Hampton. The two played high school basketball together
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle 25 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
25 min ago
- Buy Local: Geneva
38 min ago