Report: Derrick Rose passenger in DUI arrest
October 21, 2011 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose was reportedly the passenger in a DUI arrest early Friday.
According to TMZ.com, the 2011 NBA MVP was being driven by his close friend and personal assistant Randall Hampton when police stopped the car on a routine traffic violation at about 2 a.m. Friday.
Police say they detected the odor of alcohol in the car, the report said. Hampton was given a field sobriety test and was eventually arrested on suspicion of DUI. Rose was free to go.
TMZ reports that Rose was seen leaving the Los Angeles Police Department at about 3 a.m. Friday, where he went to go check on Hampton. The two played high school basketball together
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant