White Sox sign ex-Cub Kosuke Fukudome
February 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Ex-Chicago Cubs outfielder Kosuke Fukudome has been signed by crosstown rivals the Chicago White Sox.
Fukudome was offered a one-year, $1 million deal.
Fukudome, 34, a native of Japan, finished last season with the White Sox's AL Central competitors the Cleveland Indians. He made $14.5 million last year.
Fukudome has a career batting average of .260 and a career on-base percentage of .361. He joined the Cubs in 2008 and was traded to the Indians during 2011. The Indians chose not to re-sign him for the 2012 season.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines reports plane missing 4 min ago
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 20 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD 26 min ago