Jail time possible in Dennis Rodman child support case
March 27, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman could be facing jail time for failing to pay child support, according to a law firm representing his third wife.
WLS affiliate KABC in Los Angeles is reporting that Jack Kayajanian, the attorney for Michelle Rodman, says a sentencing hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in a courthouse in Orange.
Rodman was found guilty of contempt of court for failing to pay child support for four months in 2010 for his 9- and 10-year-old children.
In a statement released Tuesday, Rodman's attorney, Linnea Willis, refuted Kayajanian's claims that Rodman owes over $800,000 in child support.
"This is nothing more than a smear campaign by a publicity-starved attorney, Mr. Kayajanian, who is seeking to turn a family's misfortune into self-serving headlines," Willis said. "It is absolutely untrue that Mr. Rodman failed to pay child or spousal support. Mr. Rodman has always provided support to his family to the best of his ability and will continue to do so."
Kayajanian has also claimed that Rodman didn't pay child and spousal support for several months in 2011 and 2009. The firm says Rodman could face up to 20 days in jail.
- Park Manor drive-by injures 5 children 5 min ago
- Man in custody in fatal hit-and-run on West Side, police say 30 min ago
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77