Bulls vs. 76ers in Game 1: Derrick Rose starts
April 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Playoff fever is spreading across Chicago as the Bulls open their first-round series against the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday.
The game was began at 12 p.m. at Chicago's United Center.
As excitement grows among fans, signs of support for the Bulls are popping up across the area. The big question for the Bulls Saturday morning was would superstar point guard Derrick Rose be ready to play in the opener against Philadelphia? Rose missed 27 games because of injuries and sat out the regular-season finale.
Rose did, in fact, start in the game.
ABC7 Chicago is told Rose looked good during Friday's walkthrough, and the coach expected him to play well in Game 1 against the 76ers.
Player from both teams talked about expectations going into Saturday's game.
"People don't remember the regular season. People remember these games. These are the games that, you know, when it is all said and done, that people are going to be talking about it. So, it's exciting," said Bulls center Joakim Noah.
"I think they have a good point guard. We have a good up-and-coming point guard. That's key, I think we have a great bench, as well," 76ers guard Evan Turner said.
Six-time world champion Chicago Bull and Hall-of-Famer Scottie Pippen stopped by ABC7's State Street Studio Friday to share his perspective.
"I feel real, real, real good. I don't want to put too much pressure on the team, but as long as we stay healthy, I feel real good about our chances. I think our leaders, our superstar players, are ready to step up to the challenge," Pippen said.
The Chicago Bulls are kicking off their "See Red" campaign, asking fans to wear the color red to home games to show their support.
sports, diane pathieu
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game