Jabari Parker: Mormonism keeps me focused
June 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most basketball fans around Chicago know Jabari Parker as one of the nation's top high school basketball talents. What many may not know is that Parker is Mormon and considering delaying hoops stardom for a two-year mission trip.
Parker told Sports Illustrated that, despite an almost certain shot at NBA fame and fortune, he wants to do a mission but still has some doubts.
Parker was named the 2012 Gatorade National Player of the Year despite being just a junior. He is also an outstanding student with a 3.7 grade point average.
Parker told ABC's Katie Couric his faith keeps him focused even though it takes some by surprise
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts 7 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting'
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington 19 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015 36 min ago
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos