Jabari Parker: Mormonism keeps me focused
June 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most basketball fans around Chicago know Jabari Parker as one of the nation's top high school basketball talents. What many may not know is that Parker is Mormon and considering delaying hoops stardom for a two-year mission trip.
Parker told Sports Illustrated that, despite an almost certain shot at NBA fame and fortune, he wants to do a mission but still has some doubts.
Parker was named the 2012 Gatorade National Player of the Year despite being just a junior. He is also an outstanding student with a 3.7 grade point average.
Parker told ABC's Katie Couric his faith keeps him focused even though it takes some by surprise
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 24 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 7 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 46 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 37 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos