Jabari Parker: Mormonism keeps me focused
June 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most basketball fans around Chicago know Jabari Parker as one of the nation's top high school basketball talents. What many may not know is that Parker is Mormon and considering delaying hoops stardom for a two-year mission trip.
Parker told Sports Illustrated that, despite an almost certain shot at NBA fame and fortune, he wants to do a mission but still has some doubts.
Parker was named the 2012 Gatorade National Player of the Year despite being just a junior. He is also an outstanding student with a 3.7 grade point average.
Parker told ABC's Katie Couric his faith keeps him focused even though it takes some by surprise
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 30 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos