Jabari Parker: Mormonism keeps me focused
June 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most basketball fans around Chicago know Jabari Parker as one of the nation's top high school basketball talents. What many may not know is that Parker is Mormon and considering delaying hoops stardom for a two-year mission trip.
Parker told Sports Illustrated that, despite an almost certain shot at NBA fame and fortune, he wants to do a mission but still has some doubts.
Parker was named the 2012 Gatorade National Player of the Year despite being just a junior. He is also an outstanding student with a 3.7 grade point average.
Parker told ABC's Katie Couric his faith keeps him focused even though it takes some by surprise
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 6 min ago
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos