Jabari Parker: Mormonism keeps me focused
June 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Most basketball fans around Chicago know Jabari Parker as one of the nation's top high school basketball talents. What many may not know is that Parker is Mormon and considering delaying hoops stardom for a two-year mission trip.
Parker told Sports Illustrated that, despite an almost certain shot at NBA fame and fortune, he wants to do a mission but still has some doubts.
Parker was named the 2012 Gatorade National Player of the Year despite being just a junior. He is also an outstanding student with a 3.7 grade point average.
Parker told ABC's Katie Couric his faith keeps him focused even though it takes some by surprise
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 34 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
10 min ago