Kevin Youkilis joke gets President Obama booed in Boston
June 26, 2012 (BOSTON) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama's joke to a crowd of supporters in Boston fell flat, especially to die-hard Red Sox fans.
The president drew some boos for his joke about the trade of Boston infielder Kevin Youkilis to the Chicago White Sox over the weekend.
"Thank you for Youkilis," the president said. "I'm just saying, he's going to have to change the color of his socks."
Mr. Obama is well-known White Sox fan.
Youkilis, a Red Sox fan favorite, played with Boston for eight years. He was also part of two championship teams.
The Red Sox traded him for utilityman Brent Lillibridge and right-hander Zach Stewart.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie apartment residents 3 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 13 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie...
3 min ago
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
51 min ago