Kevin Youkilis joke gets President Obama booed in Boston
June 26, 2012 (BOSTON) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama's joke to a crowd of supporters in Boston fell flat, especially to die-hard Red Sox fans.
The president drew some boos for his joke about the trade of Boston infielder Kevin Youkilis to the Chicago White Sox over the weekend.
"Thank you for Youkilis," the president said. "I'm just saying, he's going to have to change the color of his socks."
Mr. Obama is well-known White Sox fan.
Youkilis, a Red Sox fan favorite, played with Boston for eight years. He was also part of two championship teams.
The Red Sox traded him for utilityman Brent Lillibridge and right-hander Zach Stewart.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos