Hurd arrest after testing positive for marijuana
August 9, 2012 (SAN ANTONIO, Tex.) (WLS) -- Former Chicago Bear wide receiver Sam Hurd has been arrested in San Antonio after federal officials say he tested positive for marijuana use.
Using illegal drugs would violate the terms of Hurd's $100,000 dollars bond that kept him free pending his federal drug conspiracy trial.
He and others are accused of trying to buy large quantities of marijuana and cocaine to launch a drug-distribution network.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 8 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 22 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 14 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos