Wrigley Field getting more seats behind home plate
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Cubs are getting the green light to add more seats behind home plate at Wrigley Field.
The brick wall will be moved 3-feet closer to the field. That will allow the team to add 56 premium-priced seats.
But it will also make foul territory behind the plate smaller.
The approval for the change to the 99-year-old stadium came from the Chicago Landmarks Commission, which is required, because the Friendly Confines is a historic landmark.
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings vote
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI 15 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway 41 min ago
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Officials: Summer construction to create about 6,500 jobs
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Chief Keef arrested at Georgia hotel
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77