Wrigley Field getting more seats behind home plate
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Cubs are getting the green light to add more seats behind home plate at Wrigley Field.
The brick wall will be moved 3-feet closer to the field. That will allow the team to add 56 premium-priced seats.
But it will also make foul territory behind the plate smaller.
The approval for the change to the 99-year-old stadium came from the Chicago Landmarks Commission, which is required, because the Friendly Confines is a historic landmark.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 8 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits