Video: Washington teen kicks 67-yard field goal
October 19, 2012 (SPOKANE, Wash.) -- It was a record night for a high school senior from Spokane, Washington.
Central Valley High School's Austin Rehkow kicked a state-record 67-yard field goal as time expired to send the game against Shadle Park into overtime, where his team won 62-55.
According to the National Federation of High Schools Record Book, Rehkow's kick is tied for the second-longest kick in the country. Dirk Borgognone, of Reno, Nevada, holds the record with a 68-yarder back in 1985.
The other two kickers with 67-yard field goals are from Texas in 1987 and Georgia in 1999.
ESPN reports that Rehkow only has a partial scholarship offer from Eastern Washington.
He entered the game ranked third all-time in the state with 25 career field goals.
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts
- Antwone Price's body found in West Englewood car
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting'
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed a student down stairs 1 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- Trump trumps grandmother in legal battle
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos