Mike Ditka back on Monday Night Countdown day after hospital release
November 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Formers Bears coach Mike Ditka was back on the job Monday night, reporting to a studio on Chicago's North Side to make his weekly appearance on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown via satellite.
Ditka normally flies to ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut, to deliver his pre-game analysis.
Ditka was released from the hospital Sunday morning after experiencing what doctors are calling a minor stroke.
The legendary coach told ABC7 Monday night he is feeling well but that he does need to slow down a bit for a while.
"I'm really a lot better than I thought I'd be," Ditka said. "I feel real good now. I'll take it easy for a while."
Before his appearance ahead of Monday night's Bears-49ers matchup, Ditka, 73, would offer no prediction as to who he thought would win.
sports, john garcia
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year