Mike Ditka back on Monday Night Countdown day after hospital release
November 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Formers Bears coach Mike Ditka was back on the job Monday night, reporting to a studio on Chicago's North Side to make his weekly appearance on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown via satellite.
Ditka normally flies to ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut, to deliver his pre-game analysis.
Ditka was released from the hospital Sunday morning after experiencing what doctors are calling a minor stroke.
The legendary coach told ABC7 Monday night he is feeling well but that he does need to slow down a bit for a while.
"I'm really a lot better than I thought I'd be," Ditka said. "I feel real good now. I'll take it easy for a while."
Before his appearance ahead of Monday night's Bears-49ers matchup, Ditka, 73, would offer no prediction as to who he thought would win.
sports, john garcia
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake