Israel Idonije, Chicago police take 200 kids holiday shopping
Monday, December 17, 2012
December 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- About 200 Chicago kids got to enjoy some holiday shopping Monday with Bears defensive lineman Israel Idonije.
Idonije helped a group of kids find their way around a South Side Wal-Mart. He was part of a group of helpers that included 75 member of the Chicago Police Department in the annual "Shop with a Cop" holiday event.
After shopping, the group went bowling and had a pizza party.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap