Dan Marino love child admission ahead of Super Bowl 2013
February 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino is admitting to having a child out of wedlock, according to the New York Post.
The tabloid newspaper reports the NFL Hall of Famer had an affair with a CBS production assistant in 2004. The two later had a daughter together.
In a statement to the Post, Marino said he takes, "full responsibility, both personally and financially." Marino says he and the woman agreed to keep their arrangement private. He says his marriage to his wife, Claire, is still intact.
Marino became a pre-game analyst for CBS in 2003. A spokesman for the network says Marino "has said all there is to say on this matter, and will be in his usual role on our broadcast Super Bowl Sunday."
Marino himself played in super Bowl XIX with the Miami Dolphins against the San Francisco 49ers. The San Francisco defense sacked the quarterback Marino four times in the game and held the Dolphins to 25 yards rushing.
Marino, 51, played for the Miami Dolphins from 1983-1999 and was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 13 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 10 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward 15 min ago
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run 9 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 50 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 46 min ago
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 46 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship 58 min ago
- Fans gear up for Bulls, Blackhawks playoffs
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos