Dan Marino love child admission ahead of Super Bowl 2013
February 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino is admitting to having a child out of wedlock, according to the New York Post.
The tabloid newspaper reports the NFL Hall of Famer had an affair with a CBS production assistant in 2004. The two later had a daughter together.
In a statement to the Post, Marino said he takes, "full responsibility, both personally and financially." Marino says he and the woman agreed to keep their arrangement private. He says his marriage to his wife, Claire, is still intact.
Marino became a pre-game analyst for CBS in 2003. A spokesman for the network says Marino "has said all there is to say on this matter, and will be in his usual role on our broadcast Super Bowl Sunday."
Marino himself played in super Bowl XIX with the Miami Dolphins against the San Francisco 49ers. The San Francisco defense sacked the quarterback Marino four times in the game and held the Dolphins to 25 yards rushing.
Marino, 51, played for the Miami Dolphins from 1983-1999 and was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions 19 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan...
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots 34 min ago
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913