Dan Marino love child admission ahead of Super Bowl 2013
February 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino is admitting to having a child out of wedlock, according to the New York Post.
The tabloid newspaper reports the NFL Hall of Famer had an affair with a CBS production assistant in 2004. The two later had a daughter together.
In a statement to the Post, Marino said he takes, "full responsibility, both personally and financially." Marino says he and the woman agreed to keep their arrangement private. He says his marriage to his wife, Claire, is still intact.
Marino became a pre-game analyst for CBS in 2003. A spokesman for the network says Marino "has said all there is to say on this matter, and will be in his usual role on our broadcast Super Bowl Sunday."
Marino himself played in super Bowl XIX with the Miami Dolphins against the San Francisco 49ers. The San Francisco defense sacked the quarterback Marino four times in the game and held the Dolphins to 25 yards rushing.
Marino, 51, played for the Miami Dolphins from 1983-1999 and was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 8 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos