Dan Marino love child admission ahead of Super Bowl 2013
February 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino is admitting to having a child out of wedlock, according to the New York Post.
The tabloid newspaper reports the NFL Hall of Famer had an affair with a CBS production assistant in 2004. The two later had a daughter together.
In a statement to the Post, Marino said he takes, "full responsibility, both personally and financially." Marino says he and the woman agreed to keep their arrangement private. He says his marriage to his wife, Claire, is still intact.
Marino became a pre-game analyst for CBS in 2003. A spokesman for the network says Marino "has said all there is to say on this matter, and will be in his usual role on our broadcast Super Bowl Sunday."
Marino himself played in super Bowl XIX with the Miami Dolphins against the San Francisco 49ers. The San Francisco defense sacked the quarterback Marino four times in the game and held the Dolphins to 25 yards rushing.
Marino, 51, played for the Miami Dolphins from 1983-1999 and was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 29 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 25 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 24 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths 20 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs 19 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest 23 min ago
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago 49 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
29 min ago
- Settlement reached after lottery winner's...
3 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
25 min ago