Alex Smith traded to KC Chiefs, ESPN says
February 27, 2013 (SAN FRANCISCO) -- A league source tells ESPN the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs.
According to the source, Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft, its second pick in the same round, and another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.
The trade cannot be officially completed until March 12, which is when the 2013 league year officially begins.
Smith, 28, has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.
Bakcup quarterback Colin Kaepernick led the 49ers in the last 10 games of the year, including the Super Bowl.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night 59 min ago
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area...
59 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos