Alex Smith traded to KC Chiefs, ESPN says
February 27, 2013 (SAN FRANCISCO) -- A league source tells ESPN the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs.
According to the source, Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft, its second pick in the same round, and another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.
The trade cannot be officially completed until March 12, which is when the 2013 league year officially begins.
Smith, 28, has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.
Bakcup quarterback Colin Kaepernick led the 49ers in the last 10 games of the year, including the Super Bowl.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
24 min ago