J'Marcus Webb arrested for marijuana possession
February 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors in downstate Pulaski County have decided to drop drug charges against Bears offensive tackle J'Marcus Webb after police say they found 2.5 grams of marijuana in his vehicle.
Webb, 24, was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 57. He was originally charged with possession of a controlled substance -- cannabis -- and drug paraphernalia.
Webb was released Monday on a $500 bond.
The Bears said in a statement Wednesday that the team is aware of Webb's arrest and is "currently gathering information to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the arrest."
Webb apologized on Twitter Wednesday afteroon, tweeting, "Headed to Texas to train. I apologize."
sports, jim rose
- Alsip refinery fire after possible explosion 1 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights 39 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges 40 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago 42 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 23 min ago
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold 43 min ago
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
39 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
40 min ago