J'Marcus Webb arrested for marijuana possession
February 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors in downstate Pulaski County have decided to drop drug charges against Bears offensive tackle J'Marcus Webb after police say they found 2.5 grams of marijuana in his vehicle.
Webb, 24, was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 57. He was originally charged with possession of a controlled substance -- cannabis -- and drug paraphernalia.
Webb was released Monday on a $500 bond.
The Bears said in a statement Wednesday that the team is aware of Webb's arrest and is "currently gathering information to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the arrest."
Webb apologized on Twitter Wednesday afteroon, tweeting, "Headed to Texas to train. I apologize."
sports, jim rose
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 9 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 16 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 27 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps 25 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of...
9 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
16 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane had Iranian asylum...
12 min ago