Jeff Gordon prank Pepsi ad doesn't fool car enthusiasts
March 14, 2013 (WLS) -- NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon pulled a ''fast one'' on a supposedly unsuspecting car salesman in a new Pepsi ad.
- LINK: Watch the ad on YouTube
Gordon, who's in disguise, takes him on a wild test drive.
But is any of it real?
Travis Okulski, a writer for car culture website Jalopnik, noticed some flaws. Among them: rubber marks on the ground.
"I make of that that there are multiple takes," Okulski said. "I know the salesman was an actor from my source on the set."
"No matter what, it's still exposure," said AdWeek's Emma Bazilian. "Even if people are talking about it in a negative way, they're still gonna be talking about it."
A Pepsi spokesperson refused to say whether the car salesman is an actor or not. She stressed that his reactions are "100 percent genuine."
Fake or not, the ad has gotten more than 7 million views on YouTube.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight' 51 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election 49 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday 32 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
51 min ago
- Let's Dish: Guinness Steak
28 min ago
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before...
49 min ago