Hawks cheerleader carted off on stretcher
March 19, 2013 (ATLANTA) (WLS) -- An Atlanta Hawks cheerleader was carted off on a stretcher Monday night after falling and hitting her head on the floor of Philips Arena.
It happened after the third quarter when a Hawks cheerleader, identified by the team only by her first name of Kristen, slipped and hit the back of her head and neck during a dance routine.
The cheerleader did not lose consciousness, according to the Hawks, and was taken from the court on a stretcher.
Kristen was released Monday night after being examined at the Atlanta Medical Center.
The Dallas Mavericks beat the Hawks 127-113.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 18 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 41 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 To Go 3-10-14
35 min ago