The Final Four is set after blowouts, surprises
March 31, 2013 (ATLANTA) -- An inspired Louisville squad vs. the surprising Shockers.
A new group of Fab Wolverines vs. the stingiest zone defense in college basketball.
After a weekend of blowouts and another upset, the Final Four is set.
Top overall seed Louisville will face Wichita State at the Georgia Dome next Saturday, while Michigan takes on Syracuse in the other national semifinal. The winners advance to the April 8 championship.
On Sunday, the Cardinals drew inspiration from a gruesome injury to guard Kevin Ware and cruised past Duke 85-63 in the Midwest Regional. Michigan led from the opening tip, routing Florida 79-59 in the South.
A day earlier, Syracuse shut down Marquette 55-39 to win the East. Wichita State punched its Final Four ticket with a 70-66 upset of Ohio State out West.
- 2 storms take aim at Chicago area 16 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened 20 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January 12 min ago
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found living in Montana 35 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 33 min ago
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 3 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Free gift-wrapping service at O'Hare, Midway 33 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where...
20 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold...
12 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
3 min ago