Bulls look to secure fifth seed in playoffs
April 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Bulls can lock up the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference when they host the Washington Wizards to close out the regular season Wednesday night.
The Bulls are tied with Atlanta but hold the tiebreaker over the Hawks, who play the Knicks in New York Wednesday night.
A Bulls win, or a Bulls loss coupled with a Hawks loss, will secure the fifth Eastern Conference seed and a first-round NBA Playoff matchup against the Brooklyn Nets.
If the Bulls lose and the Hawks win, the Bulls would drop to the sixth seed and face the Pacers in the opening round of the playoffs, which begin this weekend.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th 57 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos