Chicago Cubs mark 97th anniversary of 1st game at now-Wrigley Field
April 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Saturday marks the 97th anniversary of the Chicago Cubs' first game at what is currently Wrigley Field.
The North Side baseball players debuted against the Cincinnati Reds on April 20, 1916.
The game was held at then-Weeghman Park, which is now Wrigley Field.
The Cubbies won against the Reds in 11 innings 7-6.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 8 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 16 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery 34 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 40 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
13 min ago
- 7 in 77
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
8 min ago