Chicago Cubs mark 97th anniversary of 1st game at now-Wrigley Field
April 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Saturday marks the 97th anniversary of the Chicago Cubs' first game at what is currently Wrigley Field.
The North Side baseball players debuted against the Cincinnati Reds on April 20, 1916.
The game was held at then-Weeghman Park, which is now Wrigley Field.
The Cubbies won against the Reds in 11 innings 7-6.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 7 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 8 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 47 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 47 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 23 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
7 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
55 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos