Chicago Cubs mark 97th anniversary of 1st game at now-Wrigley Field
April 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Saturday marks the 97th anniversary of the Chicago Cubs' first game at what is currently Wrigley Field.
The North Side baseball players debuted against the Cincinnati Reds on April 20, 1916.
The game was held at then-Weeghman Park, which is now Wrigley Field.
The Cubbies won against the Reds in 11 innings 7-6.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake