Duncan Keith plays in Game 4 vs. Wild after wife has baby boy
May 8, 2013 (ST. PAUL, Minn.) (WLS) -- Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith had a good reason for missing the team's morning skate ahead of Game 4: His wife was giving birth.
Keith left Minnesota to return to Chicago to be with his wife, Kelly-Rae, but coach Joel Quenneville said he would return in time to play in Tuesday night's playoff matchup against the Wild.
"Family comes first," Quenneville said. "I'm happy he was there in time."
Kelly-Rae Duncan gave birth to a boy, Colton.
After getting a chance to hold Colton for a few moments ,Keith hopped on a plane to Minnesota to help the Blackhawks go up 3-1 in the best of seven series.
sports, rafer weigel
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 49 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77