Alfonso Soriano among MLB trade rumors
July 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Alfonso Soriano is reportedly the subject of trade discussions between the Chicago Cubs and the New York Yankees.
Yankees GM Jed Hoyer says it's still early in the process. The outfielder used to play for the Bronx team.
Earlier this week, the Cubs shipped pitcher Matt Garza to the Texas Rangers.
Soriano, 37, joined the Cubs before the 2007 season. He's a seven-time All-Star who has hit 20 or more home runs in 11 straight seasons (2002- '12), his MLB.com bio says. He and Andre Dawson are the only players to record 20-homer campaigns in each of their first six seasons as a Cub, MLB.com says.
He joined the Major Leagues as a Yankee in 1999 and remained there until 2003. He bounced from Texas to Washington before landing in Chicago.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 42 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 48 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 43 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
48 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
42 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos