Bears extend training camp relationship with Olivet Nazarene University
August 12, 2013 (PRESS RELEASE) -- The Bears and Olivet Nazarene University have agreed to extend their relationship and keep the team's training camp at the Bourbonnais campus for the next nine years.
The Bears have called Olivet Nazarene University their training camp home since 2002 based on the excellent facilities that help the team prepare for the season and the close proximity to their fan base, with the campus situated approximately 55 miles from Chicago.
This season, the Bears have used the newly built Student Life Recreation Center on the ONU campus to house their weight room, indoor walk-throughs and personnel meetings. Future planned University upgrades will allow the Bears to practice on updated practice fields while enjoying renovated locker room and training facilities.
The RC Cola Chicago Bears training camp at ONU routinely hosts approximately 100,000 fans annually over the course of the three-week camp period. Admission and parking are free to fans and this year's camp has included a kids' interactive area, team pro shop, post-practice concerts, kids autograph sessions and a variety of theme days for fans to participate. Sunday, August 11, the team had its largest training camp practice crowd in their 12-year stay at ONU, with approximately 20,000 fans in attendance.
chicago bears, sports
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 59 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter 32 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler 44 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 13, 2014
57 min ago