Bears extend training camp relationship with Olivet Nazarene University
August 12, 2013 (PRESS RELEASE) -- The Bears and Olivet Nazarene University have agreed to extend their relationship and keep the team's training camp at the Bourbonnais campus for the next nine years.
The Bears have called Olivet Nazarene University their training camp home since 2002 based on the excellent facilities that help the team prepare for the season and the close proximity to their fan base, with the campus situated approximately 55 miles from Chicago.
This season, the Bears have used the newly built Student Life Recreation Center on the ONU campus to house their weight room, indoor walk-throughs and personnel meetings. Future planned University upgrades will allow the Bears to practice on updated practice fields while enjoying renovated locker room and training facilities.
The RC Cola Chicago Bears training camp at ONU routinely hosts approximately 100,000 fans annually over the course of the three-week camp period. Admission and parking are free to fans and this year's camp has included a kids' interactive area, team pro shop, post-practice concerts, kids autograph sessions and a variety of theme days for fans to participate. Sunday, August 11, the team had its largest training camp practice crowd in their 12-year stay at ONU, with approximately 20,000 fans in attendance.
chicago bears, sports
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 15 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown' 28 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 8 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday 49 min ago
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC 33 min ago
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing 35 min ago
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes 34 min ago
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77