NBA star Anthony Davis donates basketball court to South Side alma mater
September 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- NBA star and South Side native Anthony Davis returned to his high school alma mater to make a special announcement.
Davis' skills on the basketball court helped put Perspectives Charter School on the map.
Now, the 20-year-old has partnered with Boost Mobile to donate a new outdoor basketball court for the school.
"When ya'll are all out here, have fun," he said. "This court is for you guys and anybody who wants to play one on one, I am more than likely to destroy you. This is you guys new home. Let's take care of it and go Panthers."
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase; 2nd carjacking... 3 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- 7 in :77
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25...
3 min ago