Bears legend Gale Sayers alleges brain trauma in NFL lawsuit
September 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Former Bears star running back Gale Sayers alleges the National Football League failed to protect him from brain trauma.
He spent all eight of his seasons with the Bears in the 60s and early 70s and broke a lot of records.
The lawsuit says Sayers has developed "cognitive issues," headaches and short- term memory loss.
No comment so far from the NFL.
The Bears are not named as a defendant in the lawsuit.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Family searching for missing Lansing man 9 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney