Bears legend Gale Sayers alleges brain trauma in NFL lawsuit
September 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Former Bears star running back Gale Sayers alleges the National Football League failed to protect him from brain trauma.
He spent all eight of his seasons with the Bears in the 60s and early 70s and broke a lot of records.
The lawsuit says Sayers has developed "cognitive issues," headaches and short- term memory loss.
No comment so far from the NFL.
The Bears are not named as a defendant in the lawsuit.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand