Heels' James out 2 weeks with knee injury
North Carolina starting center Joel James is expected to miss about two weeks with a right knee injury.
James was hurt on the first play of Wednesday's loss to Texas. He went down in a crowd while going for a rebound and left the game.
Team spokesman Steve Kirschner said the sophomore suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his knee. Coach Roy Williams said James would miss 10-14 days.
James has started all 10 games to bring rebounding and toughness on the interior. He is averaging 3.7 points and 4.3 rebounds for the No. 14 Tar Heels, who play Davidson on Saturday.
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos