Marquette's Wilson (leg injury) will redshirt
Marquette freshman and key point guard recruit Duane Wilson will redshirt this season because of a left leg injury.
Wilson missed most of the preseason after sustaining a stress fracture in mid-October. Marquette announced the move Friday and said Wilson only recently returned to practice on a limited basis.
The Golden Eagles (7-5) play their final nonconference game Saturday against Samford before opening in the new-look Big East on Tuesday at Creighton.
Coach Buzz Williams said in a statement he had conversations with Wilson and his family, and that it was decided sitting out this season would be best for his career.
Marquette has played a tough nonconference schedule, including losses to No. 3 Ohio State and No. 4 Wisconsin, and has had inconsistent play in the backcourt.
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos