Northwestern adds transfer Swopshire, Olah
Northwestern has added Louisville transfer Jared Swopshire and incoming freshman Alex Olah for next season.
Swopshire averaged 3.3 points and 2.8 rebounds as a senior last season after sitting out the previous year because of a groin injury that required surgery. He is graduating this spring and is transferring because Louisville does not have an open scholarship available. He will be eligible to play next season.
A 7-foot center from Romania, Olah helped lead Traders Point Christian Academy to two consecutive Indiana Christian Schools state championships. He averaged 18.5 points, 13.1 rebounds and 4.6 blocks as a senior. Olah also led Romania in scoring, blocked shots and rebounding at the 2011 FIBA U18 European Championship in Bulgaria.
Northwestern announced the additions Wednesday.
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos