Clemson, Georgia set for '13 Charleston Classic
Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.
The field will also include Georgia, Nebraska, New Mexico, UAB and Temple. Tournament officials announced six of the eight participating teams on Friday. The final two teams and the exact dates of the event at TD Arena will be announced later on.
Clemson won the first Charleston Classic in 2008, defeating Hofstra, TCU and Temple on the way to the title. Ex-Tigers star Trevor Booker, now with the Washington Wizards, was named the tournament MVP.
Other winners of the Charleston Classic were Miami in 2009, Georgetown in 2010 and Northwestern a season ago.
No. 16 Baylor headlines this year's tournament, which concludes with Sunday's championship game.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 59 min ago
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 2 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
5 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
22 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos