Utah State's Berger improving but still critical
Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.SALT LAKE CITY -- Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.
Intermountain Medical Center spokesman Jason Carlton says Danny Berger remains at the Salt Lake City-area hospital.
The 22-year-old Berger collapsed on the court during a practice Tuesday in Logan.
Longtime Utah State assistant athletic trainer Mike Williams is credited with saving Berger's life after Berger went into cardiac arrest. Williams helped Berger regain a heartbeat with the use of a defibrillator.
Utah State's game Wednesday night against Brigham Young was postponed. Saturday night's contest against Western Oregon is expected to be played as scheduled in Logan.
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos