Utah State's Berger improving but still critical
Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.SALT LAKE CITY -- Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.
Intermountain Medical Center spokesman Jason Carlton says Danny Berger remains at the Salt Lake City-area hospital.
The 22-year-old Berger collapsed on the court during a practice Tuesday in Logan.
Longtime Utah State assistant athletic trainer Mike Williams is credited with saving Berger's life after Berger went into cardiac arrest. Williams helped Berger regain a heartbeat with the use of a defibrillator.
Utah State's game Wednesday night against Brigham Young was postponed. Saturday night's contest against Western Oregon is expected to be played as scheduled in Logan.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Decorating Pies
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos