Utah State's Berger improving but still critical
Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.SALT LAKE CITY -- Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.
Intermountain Medical Center spokesman Jason Carlton says Danny Berger remains at the Salt Lake City-area hospital.
The 22-year-old Berger collapsed on the court during a practice Tuesday in Logan.
Longtime Utah State assistant athletic trainer Mike Williams is credited with saving Berger's life after Berger went into cardiac arrest. Williams helped Berger regain a heartbeat with the use of a defibrillator.
Utah State's game Wednesday night against Brigham Young was postponed. Saturday night's contest against Western Oregon is expected to be played as scheduled in Logan.
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 52 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- ABC7 to Go Digital Newscast April 18, 2014
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos