Creighton guard Jones passes out, hospitalized
Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.LINCOLN, Neb. -- Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.
Coach Greg McDermott wrote in a text message to The Associated Press on Thursday night that Jones "is tired but doing well."
McDermott said after the game that Jones fainted during pregame warmups. He was taken out of the Devaney Center on a stretcher.
Jones was diagnosed with a bacterial infection -- infective endocarditis -- early in his senior year at Omaha Central High School. He underwent open-heart surgery to replace his aortic valve with one formed from cow tissue.
He resumed playing basketball in December 2007 and hadn't had any heart issues since.
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos