Creighton guard Jones passes out, hospitalized
Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.LINCOLN, Neb. -- Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.
Coach Greg McDermott wrote in a text message to The Associated Press on Thursday night that Jones "is tired but doing well."
McDermott said after the game that Jones fainted during pregame warmups. He was taken out of the Devaney Center on a stretcher.
Jones was diagnosed with a bacterial infection -- infective endocarditis -- early in his senior year at Omaha Central High School. He underwent open-heart surgery to replace his aortic valve with one formed from cow tissue.
He resumed playing basketball in December 2007 and hadn't had any heart issues since.
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos