Creighton guard Jones passes out, hospitalized
Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.LINCOLN, Neb. -- Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.
Coach Greg McDermott wrote in a text message to The Associated Press on Thursday night that Jones "is tired but doing well."
McDermott said after the game that Jones fainted during pregame warmups. He was taken out of the Devaney Center on a stretcher.
Jones was diagnosed with a bacterial infection -- infective endocarditis -- early in his senior year at Omaha Central High School. He underwent open-heart surgery to replace his aortic valve with one formed from cow tissue.
He resumed playing basketball in December 2007 and hadn't had any heart issues since.
- Protesters to march against CPS closings 19 min ago
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
36 min ago
- ABC7 tests alternate Red Line route
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos