UConn top scorer Napier out due to sore foot
Connecticut was missing top scorer Shabazz Napier for its game against Cincinnati on Saturday.
CINCINNATI -- Connecticut was missing top scorer Shabazz Napier for its game against Cincinnati on Saturday.
Napier, who averages 17.1 points per game, aggravated his right foot during a double-overtime loss to No. 7 Georgetown on Wednesday night. The foot has been a problem throughout his career. He had a screw inserted in the foot last September to repair a stress fracture.
A school spokesman said the foot has been bothering him the last few weeks.
It's the first time Napier has missed a game after playing in 102 for UConn.
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 13 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps 11 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos