NC State's Purvis to transfer to Connecticut
North Carolina State freshman Rodney Purvis says he's heading to Connecticut.RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina State freshman Rodney Purvis says he's heading to Connecticut.
Four days after announcing he would transfer, Purvis said Friday afternoon in a brief phone interview that he planned to play for the Huskies.
The school had granted Purvis a release to transfer to any school outside the Atlantic Coast Conference except Missouri and Cincinnati, which the program plans to add to its nonconference schedule. The ACC ban includes eventual new arrivals Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame and Louisville.
Purvis would have to sit out a year before taking the court for the Huskies.
In a statement at the time of his announcement, Purvis said he needed "a fresh start" and to "step outside of my comfort zone" by going elsewhere. By Friday, he had tweeted he was "feeling Husky!!!!!!"
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos